The Layton Boulevard West neighborhoods of Silver City, Burnham Park and Layton Park offer a number of amenities that make them ideal places to live, work and play! Watch our neighborhood video, read about all the great things our neighborhoods offer below, and download a neighborhood brochure or map!
“When we were looking to purchase a home, we were particularly attracted to this neighborhood because the atmosphere of the neighborhood, and it seemed like a family-oriented place.”
Ernest Burton, Burnham Park Homeowner
Sense of Community
Layton Boulevard West offers cultural and ethnic diversity with long-time homeowners, young families with children, new arrivals from around the world, and everyone in between. These neighbors all work together to build a strong and healthy community.
- 84% single-family owner occupancy.
- 26.8% population growth since 2000.
- 33% of neighbors are under the age of 18.
- $7.6 million invested in 1,100 home improvement projects since 2006.
- Walkscore: 70
From Frank Lloyd Wright Homes and Arts and Crafts Bungalows, to classic brick colonials, these turn-of-the-century homes feature craftsmanship, unique architectural detail, and beautiful stained glass windows.
- View current homes for sale in the neighborhood.
- Find out about homebuying resources including loans, grants, and homeownership education.
- Learn about resources to assist you in making improvements to your new home.
- Check out newly-renovated LBWN Turnkey Renovation Homes.
Our neighborhood features a variety of innovative public, charter and private schools to meet every child’s educational needs from kindergarten through high school. Schools are within walking distance of neighbors’ homes and many offer bilingual education.
- Neighborhood public schools perform 25% better than MPS.
- Five schools have invested millions of dollars in establishing or expanding in the neighborhood since 2011.
- LBWN offers many community-school partnerships including the Mobile Bike Hub, School Garden Alliance, and several arts activities.
- Learn more about our neighborhood schools.
Parks and Recreation
Check out the botanical gardens and Farmers’ Market at the Domes. Walk, bike, canoe, or fish along the Menomonee River in Three Bridges Park. Enjoy a concert at Arlington Heights Park. Take a stroll through Burnham Park and join in one of the many sports leagues.
- Hank Aaron State Trail – 12 miles of trails connect our neighborhood to the Lakefront, Miller Park, museums, and more!
- Mitchell Park Domes – Botanical Gardens, Winter Farmers Market, Music Under Glass concerts.
- Urban Ecology Center – Youth environmental education and outdoor equipment lending.
International Dining Destination
Explore the world without leaving Milwaukee. Find authentic Puerto Rican, Thai, and Lao Dining in Silver City. Discover some of Milwaukee’s best Mexican cuisine in Burnham Park. Sample European style breads and freshly made sandwiches in Layton Park.
- Layton Boulevard West Restaurant Guide.
- International Food and Art Walk, Phobruary, and other community festivals and events.
Our neighborhood features close proximity to a variety of employment centers including downtown Milwaukee and the Menomonee Valley and the Miller Park Way corridor as well as a mix of locally-owned and national retailers to meet all your shopping needs.
Layton Boulevard West Neighbors is a proud partner with VISIT Milwaukee in its efforts to promote the City of Milwaukee’s many dining, entertainment, and recreational amenities.