There are a variety of City Services available to neighbors that help make Silver City, Burnham Park and Layton Park great Milwaukee neighborhoods!

Milwaukee Police Department District Two

Emergency: 911
Non-Emergency: 414.933.4444

District Two of the Milwaukee Police Department is an important partner in promoting community safety in Layton Boulevard West. It is important that neighbors call the Police when they see suspicious behavior. MPD District Two also offers monthly public safety meetings in English and Spanish, Community Liaison Officers, and a Community Prosecution Unit. Learn more on our Get Involved page.


By using E-Notify you can find out when important things happen in the City. You can receive several different types of notices from the City of Milwaukee and Milwaukee Public Schools, including news releases, meeting notices and agendas, job announcements, new property sale listings, bid notices, online auction items, and many others. Once you choose your topics, just sit back and wait for the pertinent information to come directly to you. Sign up today at the E-Notify website.

Request City Services Online

You can request a variety of city services online from the Department of Neighborhood Services and Department of Public Works. These include garbage and recycling, property complaints, issues with street signs and traffic signals, graffiti, potholes, street maintenance and more! Make an online City of Milwaukee service request here.

If you require additional assistance you can contact the Department of Neighborhood Services at 414.286.2268 or the Department of Public Works at 414.286.CITY (2489).


The City of Milwaukee has several rules as it relates to parking. For example, night parking on city streets is not permitted without a permit or permission. In the winter-time, many neighborhood streets require alternate side parking. Visit the City of Milwaukee Parking website to learn more.

Alderman Bob Donovan


While your first step in requesting city services should always be to contact the appropriate department directly, if you require additional assistance you may also contact the office of Alderman Bob Donovan, who represents our neighborhood.